2012年1月9日 星期一

Flap over light bulb fires up many readers

A week ago today, I warned the government to keep its hands off the bright white 100-watt light bulb that I was about to screw into my brass desk lamp.

I was angered at bureaucrats who decreed that by October of this year, the manufacture of conventional 100-watt bulbs would be stopped in favor of more energy-efficient bulbs. They supposedly will cast a warmer glow, cost more and last longer.

My thoughts produced response and a gift of four dozen present-style 100-watt light bulbs.

As a spoof, the president of a Quad-City company, which I will not name, left off a box of 48 new 100-watt Sylvania Standard incandescent bulbs. He wanted me to be sure that I would never run out of brilliant 100-watt bulbs for my brass lamp.

If each bulb has a lifespan of 750 hours, his gift of those 48 100-watt bulbs will last for 36,000 hours. They should constantly burn, one after another, for 4.1 years. I will be lucky to live that long.

If any charitable group would like a box of 48 bulbs, call me within the next few days. Take all of them, not one at a time.

Here's what others who are irritated have to say about new light bulbs:

"I bought one of those corkscrew bulbs several years ago for the family room lamp. It made the room dark and dreary. I paid nearly $10 for it," says Juanita Schillig,Get HUGE savings on energy efficient bestledlightingg lighting with great deals from LED Hut. Bettendorf. "It lasted only six months! It was to last five years. I had to dispose of it at a county recycle center because of the hazardous material contained in it."

"About the light bulb column, I couldn't agree more," says Mary Stebbins, Savanna, Ill. "With all the important issues of the day, couldn't our legislators' time be spent more wisely?"

"I have two problems with the newly mandated bulbs," says Terry Sullivan, Davenport. "First, I have a light fixture in which they will not fit.Related Searches: led bike head light, bike light, lightonsale silicone, The other problem is the short-sightedness of a government mandate. I had one of the new bulbs burn out and it is sitting in my basement. These new bulbs cannot be thrown in the regular trash because of some of their contents. I am sure there are others like myself who have stocked up on the old bulbs. I have three globe bulbs,We can produce led panel light,brightstal according to your requirements. seven 75-watt bulbs, eight 40-watters, 14 three-way bulbs and what I use the most - 40 of the 60-watt bulbs.I got to borrow a Solidlights goodBikelight in return for writing a bit about it."

"Your column reminded me of a search for 100-watt bulbs. I totally agree with you. Everybody in our house (with the new bulbs) look like they have yellow jaundice. Do you know a light bulb bootlegger? Not kidding," writes a 65-year-old grandma.Nice simple page this one. Just some ramblings on my experiences with 5 LED compact ledspotlight lamps.

沒有留言:

張貼留言